What is C?
- C is a general-purpose programming language developed at Bell Laboratories in 1972 by Dennis Ritchie.
- it is a widely used language.
- Since it was created to write the UNIX operating system, C has a close association with UNIX.
- This is a procedural programming language.
Why Learn C?
- It is one of the most popular programming language in the world
- If you are familiar with C, you will have no trouble learning other popular programming languages such as Java, Python, C++, C#, etc., as their syntax is similar.
- C is very fast, compared to other programming languages, like Java and Python
- C is a highly flexible language that can be utilised in both applications and technologies.
Difference between C and C++
- C++ was developed as an extension of C, and both languages have almost the same syntax
- The main difference between C and C++ is that C++ support classes and objects, while C does not.